Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My hero

A hero: "a person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities." Everyone has someone that they admire, look up to, and strive to be like. Everyone has someone who has helped shape them to be the person they are. For me, this person is my dad. Since day one I have been a daddy's girl. I believe there is no greater bond than a father-daughter bond and I am beyond thankful to have such a strong one.
Every day he has encouraged me to keep going and to never quit, like he has done. My dad has shown me how to live a successful and positive life. He is the most dedicated, hard-working, and determined man I have ever met. He has worked hard since a young age, attending Stanford University and then Harvard for business school. He has started his own business and succeeded. He works hard at his job and for his family. He has been determined to provide support for his kids and himself and he has never failed. He is the most self-less man. He is always looking out for everyone around him and is constantly picking me up when I am down. I am extremely thankful for everything he has done for me and my family.
My dad is constantly explaining to me how stuff works. Over and over. He has taught me how to play sports and how to make it through school. He helps me every single night with my homework. He is my personal tutor. These past few months my dad has been my college counselor. He has helped me lay out what schools I want to apply to, peer-edited all my essays, and paid for every application. I am one lucky girl. He tells me I have what it takes; he's the only one who can do that. I will never be able to repay my dad for everything he has provided and done for me. Every time I reflect on one of my life's accomplishments, I can't help but realize that I achieved it because of something my dad has  taught me.
My dad will forever and always be my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment